Friday, November 21, 2008

Holiday Gift Idea - Personalized Cookbook


The holidays are just around the corner and I, like everyone else on the planet, have started to make my shopping list. We all have people in our lives who are impossible to shop for - or for some the average gift just won't do. So when I came across this website and wanted to share this cool idea.

I haven't tried it yet but Taste Book seems pretty cool. I'm always looking to put a personal touch on a gift and the concept of creating a cookbook full of your loved ones favorite recipes - from professional chefs or from someone they personally know and love and has got me hooked.

I actually won't be giving this as a Christmas gift. I've decided to use it towards an anniversary gift for my grandparents this summer. My thought is - would my grandparents enjoy recipes from each one of their children's families? Each family can have a chapter - or better yet we can weave them all together into sections - Apps, main courses, deserts. I think that would make them smile. I can just see myself saying, this one's from me Grandma.

For those of you who have people in your lives who are all about food, and the power it has in bringing families and friends together, I encourage you to check this out. They have a wide selection of recipes online from some of the most popular sites - Better Homes and Gardens, Food Network, Southern Living, Cooking Light and even AllRecipes.com. The price point seems very reasonable to - starting at just $20.

No comments: