Thursday, November 13, 2008

Muppet Update! Whoot! Whoot!

As you know, I'm the ultimate Muppet fan and promise you updates as soon as I get them. It is my DREAM job to work for the Henson company, as Jim is one of my idols. So today, for Muppet news, I have quite a lot to report. The team has been hard at work, and their popping up everywhere!

- The Muppets took over the Today show this morning for 30 minutes. Seriously! They promoted the Muppet WhatNot Shop that I had mentioned a few posts back. They built custom Muppets for Meredith, Matt, Al, Ann and EVEN Willard Scott. Check this out. You MUST watch their work. They hang out with everyone. See them interact with Harry Connick Jr., build their own Muppet WhatNots and watch Miss Piggy tie up Christopher Meloni. Piggy also takes on Hoda and Kathy Lee. I'm a huge fan of Hoda, and not a fan of Kathy. I loved watching Piggy stick it to her.

- Pepe, the stellar king prawn, appeared on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson on Oct 28th to promote his new book AND himself, of course

- Kermit the Frog, the balloon version, will be appearing again in this year's Macy's Thanksgiving Parade.

- For the first time ever, Jim Henson's 1977 television special Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas is available online.

- The Muppets have wrapped production of "Letters to Santa: A Muppets Christmas", one-hour television project is set to air this holiday season! It's scheduled to air on Wednesday, December 17, 2008 at 8:00PM on NBC

No comments: