Monday, February 2, 2009

New Sesame Workshop for Military Families April 1st

A few days ago the American Forces Press Service announced that the Sesame Workshop is airing a new special on April 1st that is aimed at helping military families cope with changes.

The AFPS reported that, "Actor/singer Queen Latifah and singer John Mayer will join Elmo to present, 'Coming Home: Military Families Cope with Change.' The special carries a message for children whose parents suffered a physical or psychological wound in combat."

The show will be about a half an hour and is part of Sesame Workshop's "Talk, Listen and Connect" program that I have blogged about before. I'm a huge fan of everything that the workshop does, but I must say that their efforts geared towards military brats are by far my favorites.

For this special, Lookalike Products and Worldwide Pants Incorp. helped with the production. Worldwide Pants is actually David Letterman's production company and the late night talk show legend had some wonderful things to say about the military.

"The men and women of our military have made indescribable sacrifices," Mr. Letterman said. "The very least we can do is tell their stories, and to honor the bravery and strength of both the soldiers and their families."

Showtime is 8pm on April 1st - perfect timing if you ask me, as April is the month dedicated to honoring the military child. I'll be tuning in, and even though I have yet to see it, I just want to send out a big THANK YOU to the Sesame Workshop and all involved in the production.

No comments: