Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas Recap

So I know that Christmas was days ago, but hey it's me and I always do things backwards. Plus, I'm still under the weather (though not nearly as bad as before) and am just getting back into the swing of things.

This Christmas I didn't want to exchange gifts. To be honest, with the economy and so many of my friends and families hurting (specifically in MI, but here in NJ too) I was just thankful to have a job and a roof over my head. All three of us kids were going to be home, and for Mom and Dad that is something to celebrate. All of us under one roof - that now happens once or twice a year if we are lucky. Military brats - you hear me right?

But my Dad encouraged us to celebrate the time and we raked in quite a treasure chest. My present tower's theme was jewelry, the Muppets, Pixar related goodies, and things that warm my heart. While I was thrilled with all of my presents, here are a few things that I got that I was uber syked about . . .

- My new GUESS butterfly watch with Swarovski crystals

- David Price's book "The Pixar Touch: The Making of A Company" (which I promise to review upon completing it)

- Muppets Muppet Movies DVD 3-Pack (to add to my collection)

- Part of the Luxurious Lambie Collection from Bath and Body Works (the blanket is phenomenal but I'm also a big fan of the adorable slippers that are very warm and super soft)

- And last but not least, a challenge coin from my father's squadron

Overall, the best present was spending time with my family. As we all grow up, we have begun to realize that getting our family together (since we are spread across the nation) is no longer an easy task. With deployments, work and school schedules, and the soaring costs of airline tickets getting together always involves planning and juggling.

Did all of you have a nice Christmas? Did spend time with your family? Did you exchange gifts or get anything that you just have to tell everyone you know about?

1 comment:

Angela Noelle said...

Those are some great gifts--and wow, how cute is that lambie! I'm glad that you had a happy Christmas with your family and loved ones and I wish you the best in 2009!!!