Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Wii Fit Anyone?

Today's post will be short (I hear rejoicing) because I only have one thing to say. Last night I received the gift of a Wii Fit!

Considering how much money we spend on other people during the holidays and the expensive cost of our airline tickets to FL, Dan and I vowed to not buy each other presents this year. We had a pact . . . at least I thought we did.

Last night, as we drove home, Dan said casually "do you mind if we run into Target for a quick second?" I cheerfully said okay, despite the fact that I was starving and only wanted to go home. (Hey, my 250 calorie Lean Cuisine lunch meal and a few carrots did not come close to filling me up. And come 6pm I'm ready for dinner or a snack at minimum. At least I was being good!)

As we swing in, I ask "so what do you need to pick up?" He smiles and says "um, your Christmas present." I then immediately burst into protest and tell him "no way buddy. We had a pact for goodness sake!"

But my protests fell on deaf ears and we came out with a Wii Fit. I've wanted one ever since Dan kindly bought me a Wii for my birthday in Oct. He's been trying to get his hands on one since Thanksgiving. "Sorry this is so late - they were sold out, everywhere; I know you really wanted this and wouldn't buy it for yourself" he said.

How could I continue to protest? Instead I smiled and cheered like a four year old. It's times like these that remind me just how thoughtful Dan can really be and how lucky I am to be with him.

Unfortunately I did not have the time to open it or test it out last night but I will find sometime this week to. . . and once I do, I'll let you know how it goes. Do you have a Wii Fit? Do you have any pointers for me?

1 comment:

Angela Noelle said...

That's so awesome!! I don't have a Wii Fit, but I've played around with a friend's and it's pretty fun. Hula hooping is harder than you'd think! I'll be standing by for the full review. Yay for Dan!